Saturday, May 21, 2011

Travelin' Man

It has not been an auspicious year for travel. I really ought to pay more attention before I book my flights.

Bad enough was last month when I completely missed my flight to Morocco for very weak reasons. (I just can't read emails.) Now my favorite travel companion seems to have caught some of my bad luck.

First, he left Boston on his way to Philadelphia. His plane was delayed for two hours, which means he missed his connection to London. After sleeping in the airport, the airline put him on a plane to Orlando, Florida, which was nice, but then neglected to book him an actual seat on the flight from Orlando to London, which was not so nice. Oh, and that flight he was supposed to take from London to Edinburgh was long gone, so he's had to pay for another. Finally, he argued himself onto a flight to London and spent twelve hours sleeping on a plane, another eight hours waiting in the airport, is finally on his way to Scotland where he will land, sleep in a hostel, and run 26.2 miles tomorrow morning.

Post-race, thank goodness we've booked ourselves on a nice relaxing vacation . . . in . . . Africa.

I think next time we'll consider a staycation.

No comments:

Post a Comment