Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Photos from Morocco, Posted on Moroccan Time

Even though I've been home from Morocco for almost a week now, I haven't gotten around to sharing my experience. I must be operating on Moroccan time. It's like normal time, but two hours late.

Mosque Hassan II

Sunset during the call to prayer

Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean

What did I do in Casablanca? There's not many tourist attractions. My sister and I aren't much for shopping. We lay on the beach instead, talked about life, and tried in vain to order Moroccan mint tea. (You pour it three times before you drink it. It tastes better that way.)

We also saw a great Moroccan band performing at a local bar, including some of my favorite songs by the Gypsy Kings. It wasn't Rick's Cafe, but it was nevertheless pure Casablanca.
Bem bem bem Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment