Saturday, May 21, 2011

King's Cross

I've done it again. I've begun another popular book series and am now roped in to spending money on the next two or three books. At least last time it was only a trilogy. Now, I'm started George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones, of which I'm told there are six books, each 700 pages or more. I'm 85% through the first one after two days of reading, according to my Kindle, which tells you how badly I'm hooked.

The only problem is, I'm in Scotland today. That's not a bad problem by itself. I love Scotland. It's cold at the moment, and I'm far too sober, but otherwise it's absolutely beautiful.

I'm just a little annoyed because, after reading my novel about noble kings and princesses and honourable knights and dragons and warring families, I decided to take a little walk. So I went outside, circled the castle, sampled the fine dragon's ale by the Royal Mile just off of Fleshmarket Close, made my way to Horse's Wynd to view King Arthur's Seat, and . . .

Yeah, doesn't reading that just make you feel a little bit nerdy?

Because I felt a little bit nerdy.

Even though, it's not my fault this is what real Scots do!

Still, I thought I'd better switch to reading something else for a while. Wouldn't want to get carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment