Friday, February 5, 2010

Veg-Burger in Paradise

One of the best things about being a vegetarian in India is the rare confidence to walk into any restaurant and order anything on the menu without fear.

With a 5:30 am taxi pickup in the morning and because my hotel-mates are off at a wedding, I set off exploring and made some wonderful discoveries:

I discovered a lovely takeout restaurant around the corner, which introduced me to Masala Channa, tandoori roti, and kulcha; and then I discovered a sweets shop a few doors down from that which taught me the beauty of kheer; and then I found some lovely Indian ginger tea and sat down to watch a few old episodes of Lost.

I continued to make many more discoveries along the way: overeating, heartburn, Tums, indigestion, Tums, Tums ... Zantac ... None of which stops me from being one happy herbivore!

No comments:

Post a Comment