Thursday, February 11, 2010

Recent Observations Lately Made Which Cause Me To Worry About My Return to America

- When getting into a cab, I decide in advance how much I'm going to pay.  At my destination, that's exactly what I spend.  Correction: When getting into a cab, the driver tells me how much I'm going to pay, then I tell the driver he's wrong, then I give him a figure less than half than what he's quoted me and that's how much I'm going to pay.

- I don't believe that cars in the street even exist until they honk.

- Today, my driver headed directly into oncoming traffic.  We faced down a slightly bigger Tata, but because there was a cycle rickshaw next to us we were able to complete our turn.  I turned to the American sitting next to me and said, "You know? Just now, that made perfect sense."

No comments:

Post a Comment