Monday, February 1, 2010

Deja View

Driving from the visa registration office, I suddenly realized that the rickshaw next to me looked vaguely familiar.  It had "I Love You" written on the back - a decoration I had definitely seen before.  It occurred to me then that I had begun to recognize specific rickshaws.  My arrival is even more official now than the stamp on my passport.

---
In a related story, last Friday we hailed a rickshaw driven by a hunched old man with crazy blue eyes who tried to kill us by jumping in front of a whole cordon of motorbikes just as the light turned green.  Out of the thousands of hazards on the road, this guy was exceptionally bonkers.

Now, out of all the rickshaws in all of Delhi, how did we manage to flag the same guy to take us home today?

No comments:

Post a Comment