Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Birthday, Blog

It wasn't until I checked the profile of my blogger page that I realised: I've been writing for more than a year now.  Editing at Large turned one on 21 December.

I didn't exactly expect to be writing my one-year anniversary post from England, but then again life is full of surprises.  I head back to America tomorrow (weather permitting) and couldn't be more ready for College Bowl games, Trader Joe's, and the un-ironic use of the word "y'all".

In the meanwhile, I found a lovely article on The Economist's "Johnson" blog which stands up to a celebratory post.  You may or may not know that my own handle is a tribute to the usual way Economist writers self-refer.  I had never really known the semantics behind the practice, but now I do.

My bus to Heathrow leaves in twelve hours so while I'm airborne fingers are crossed there will be a Dunkin Donuts coffee waiting on the other side of the ocean, just for me.  My family and loved ones wouldn't hurt, either.

1 comment: