Monday, May 17, 2010

Glug glug glug glug

As I have been saying for weeks, the first thing I did when I walked into my apartment in Boston was to drink three large glasses of tap water.  With ice.  Despite throwing chlorine into every glass of water I had in Nepal, I still caught two stomach bugs within the course of a week... One of them at 4,100 meters above sea level, one of them just before I caught a 24-hour long flight.  The tropical diseases seemed to want to save the best for last.  My glass of clean H2O came not a minute too soon.

Then, I reported into to work this morning and found this email waiting for me on top of the pile in my inbox:

Subject: Do not drink water order for Boston

Please be advised that due to a major water leak in Weston, communities
east of Weston have been impacted, including the City of Boston.  There
is currently a do not drink tap water order in the City of Boston.  We
will notify you when the ban is over and it is safe to drink the water
again.

Kate T

Director, Facilities - New England

Well, as the song goes: "Love that dirty water... Boston, you're my home."

No comments:

Post a Comment