Thursday, May 20, 2010

Action!

I had almost forgotten about this: when springtime comes in Boston, so do the camera crews.

Sure enough, I walked right past an entire movie set this morning on the way to my office.  While it's rare to ever see an actual celebrity, it's always hilarious to watch tourists gawk at catering trucks.  Occasionally, too, you get lucky--I once had a friend whose apartment was actually used in the filming of Bachelor Number 1, and rumor has it that in certain scenes you can see onto my old roofdeck.  I don't recommend the movie, however, because, regrettably, in other scenes you can see onto Dane Cook.


I, meanwhile, have been picking through my Shah Rukh Khan box set in planning a Bollywood-watching night with my girlfriends.  Being someone who has trouble sitting still long enough to watch an hour-long television show, I am amazed at Bollywood's ability to keep me entertained for hours.  (And I mean hours.  Minimum of three point five.  They literally need an intermission.)  Besides, the sight of rickshaws, saris, and salwaars helps to temper my India withdrawl.


It's nice to think that, while I can watch a Bollywood movie to be reminded of India, my Indian friends can now watch a Hollywood movie and get a glimpse of my backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment