Saturday, March 20, 2010

Notes from the Twilight Zone

It seems that since I haven't been signing on to my work email from my home server, I haven't been told I should change my password.  I can access my account here but have no administrative authority.  That prompt would have only reached me in the US. I went so long without changing my password, however, that the password expired.  Catch-22!

I can't get in anywhere.  Not Webmail, not Outlook, nothing.  I've been away from the States so long they think I've stopped working entirely.

So, I'm having one of the biggest learning experiences of my career and yet my personal data is listed as home, inactive.

----
Meanwhile, my credit card company saw an action on my statement originating in Delhi and decided to, helpfully, panic.  "We have reason to believe," they said, "That sensitive information has been used by someone abroad.  Please forward any correspondence you may have received from any corporations in India."

According to their computers, my personal data has been ranging far and wide, overactive.

Where in the world am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment