Monday, April 18, 2011

Thoughts from Barcelona

There's something about travel that changes the way you think. Everything is magnified; all sentences end with an exclamation point.

For instance:
- You! You there, wearing the ugly red, white, and blue American flag striped t-shirt!
You look like an idiot, and for that I salute you!
- You! Girl clmibing a steep hill in a short dress and tall heels! You are similarly absurd and I salute you, too!
- This hostel smells funny!
- That building is scary!
Sagrada Familia
- No, I do not want to buy your little noisemaker, tourist attraction vendor man! Why did you sell one to each member of that large group of schoolchildren! That was very thoughtless!
- That building is even scarier! Gaudi is so scary!
Casa Battlo
- Oh no! A nude beach!
- Upon closer inspection I see that the man in the American flag shirt is German! Even better! Thank you for inviting ridicule to someone else's country, sir! In return maybe I should go to Italy wearing a German flag and yell harsh-sounding things at small children!
- I now recognise the smell in this hostel!
- Ouch! Sunburn!
- Somebody needs to take those noisemakers away from those children! I can barely hear myself think!

No comments:

Post a Comment