Friday, January 22, 2010

Come Downstairs and Say Hello

It's 9 PM and I'm just getting back from my first day at the office.  The good news is, I am no longer operating on U.S. time.  The bad news is, I am just plain jetlagged now and subject to random fits of brownout.  A few cases of the weepy-fits never hurt anyone, though, and while waiting for my desk to be set up I had plenty of time to steal away the odd nap in a dark corner.  I should be right as rain by Sunday night. 

Despite my foggy head, I managed to strike up some great conversations with the other editors here.  No one was shy to walk up to the new blonde and ask her what she was doing.  I was offered some sweet and some salty home-cooked Indian food by a group of development editors, and a deep-fried cheese sandwich by an acquisitions editor.  I accepted everything on pure principle.  The only disappointment was the sandwich's red sauce, which turned out to be ... ketchup.

Between you and me, I hate ketchup.  If I'm actually putting it on food, it's a clear sign that I'm really having an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment