Saturday, June 4, 2011

Neverending


I looked at the man in the bazaar. He looked at me.

"Two hundred," he said.

In the back of my head, a little forgotten gear gone almost rusty started to turn again. "Two hundred ... No. One ... hundred? ... I mean: one hundred!"

Just like that. I was haggling again.

I've been back from Morocco only about a week, long enough to dive into dissertation research and phone up a few publishers from Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico. Now I'm typing up the last of it before packing my laptop back into its case and catching a bus to the airport, destination Florence.

There, I'll be participating in a seminar on digital publishing with Slovenian, French, and Italian students, aaaaaaand of course sampling the local cuisine by night. (It's only natural.) On the way home, I stop for 12 hours in Madrid to see what I can see, then it's back to Morocco for my final visit to the sister, and then finally - finally - I land back in Britain.

No volcanic ash has caught up with me yet, but my goodness if this hasn't been a whirlwind month.

I'll write more about how it goes trying to speak 'e-book' with Slovenians. Meanwhile: ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment