Friday, October 15, 2010

Pardon the silence.  My Google account was hacked last weekend, so for a short time I wasn't able to log on from my home computer.  The problem's been resolved now, thanks to my French computer-genius housemate, so with luck more posts should be up over the weekend.

One unintended consequence of the hack was the occasion to discover the odd things that happen when you move your crappy netbook from time zone to time zone.  For instance, in the corner of my Blogger text field, I have a little icon that looks like this:






It's a Hindi letter.  (Anyone know which one?)  That's what you get when you set up Blogger in India.

Meanwhile, whilst rummaging through the inner workings of my Google Chrome browser, I tried to navigate to the "Under the Hood" section to adjust my cookie-setting preferences.  I didn't find any such screen.  When I had deleted and reinstalled the program, I'd been given a new version containing this button instead:




Aww.  Now my browser speaks British.  It's like the United Nations on my hard drive.

1 comment:

  1. The Hindi alphabet sounds very similar to english alphabet 'A'

    ReplyDelete