Friday, July 23, 2010

Editing at Large: Second Edition


























How do you say "Mind the Gap" in Hindi?

I guess it's about time to share the news:  your correspondent is once again into the wild, blue yonder.

This time, the locale is sunny, exotic . . . England.

I've been accepted into the Brookes Oxford University Masters in International Publishing program, which means that in two months I will be waving goodbye to Boston and boarding a plane to the United Kingdom.  It promises to be a wild ride: with a sister in Morocco (just a RyanAir flight away), Wales to my direct left, and the Continent just beyond the English Channel, I am sure to find plenty to keep me occupied between semesters.

Most importantly, though, I'm excited for the chance to tease out these difficult publishing questions I've been faced with since beginning this blog.  Looking back on these past few months, I think you'll agree that pursuing a further course of study on the industry is exactly the right move.  This is publishing's most dynamic hour since Gutenberg.  I'm looking forward to taking a look from 30,000 ft, and hearing what some of the most brilliant minds studying the industry have to say.

I hope you'll keep reading through my next round of adventures--I, for one, am certainly looking forward to them.  Who knows what's in store for this international woman of myster-- errrr, publishing?

No comments:

Post a Comment