Monday, June 14, 2010

Have It Your Way

One of the cool things about being an editor is being able to see an author's thought process.  Working with custom textbooks, I'm privy to the backroom deliberations of all sorts of professors, from those who want to whip up a few extra worksheets to those who want their books to be short, simple, to the point, and best of all inexpensive.

Today, though, I found myself working on a book which began with your basic Welcome-To-College freshman orientation-type book, the kind that teaches you how to take notes, how to study, how to stay awake in class.

They wanted this combined with a technical manual of the United States healthcare system.

Now, I have to ask myself: does that mean that there are healthcare professionals out there who don't know how to memorize?  Is there an underlying problem with multi-tasking in the medical community?

I didn't want to ask.  I guess there really is a market for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment